Submitted by Chris Brookins on September 27, 2011 - 10:19am
To make your site stand out from the crowd, we know that designers and site builders like you need to craft unique web site experiences. To make this goal easier, the Drupal Gardens team recently made two powerful new modules available to all 60,000+ Drupal Gardens sites. First, you can now extend the look and feel of your site using powerful 3rd-party libraries, and second, you can collect important required or optional information from your site's members. Both of these features were widely requested by thousands of Drupal Gardens site builders and designers, and we are pleased to deliver!
The Drupal Gardens service was updated on 9/25/2011 with the following new features and enhancements:
- Collect custom user profile information
Get to know your site’s members better! Prompt your new members to complete one or more required or optional user profile fields when they join your site. Existing members are also prompted for this information when editing their user profile on your site. With custom user profile fields, you can:
- Define one or more fields to be collected as part of the site registration flow or when editing their site profile.
- Specify the field name, help text, and display format of the field, such as list, check boxes, text box, and radio buttons.
- Specify which fields are required or optional. Visitors joining your site will be redirected to the profile form until any required fields are filled in. If you add a required field after a user is created, the next time that user clicks their name to edit their profile, they will be asked to complete the required field in order to continue on to the site.
To start adding your own optional or required user fields, see Collecting custom user-profile information.
- And of course fixed several bugs:
- See the complete Release notes for details