Submitted by Chris Brookins on July 12, 2011 - 10:06pm
The Drupal Gardens service was recently updated with the following new features:
- Added Fivestar widgets to easily rate content
Based on the popular Fivestar module, you have the flexbility to:
- Choose one of 9 different Fivestar widget styles for your site including stars, hearts, and flames. See the screenshot below.
- Add Fivestar widgets to any existing content type, such as blogs or any custom content type you define (for example, restaurant reviews).
- Add any number of rating categories you define such as quality, price, or service.
- Show Fivestar widgets in Drupal Views to allow users to rate items in a list, as well as see a list of items and their associated ratings.
- Delete themes that you no longer need
This can be especially useful when preparing your site to be transferred to a client or duplicated.
- Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4 and 5 are now supported
The current versions of these browsers are now supported in all of Drupal Gardens, including the ThemeBuilder.
- Improved the ThemeBuilder user-experience
Based on feedback from our usability tests, we improved the ThemeBuilder by:
- Making it easier to differentiate between viewing a draft of your theme and viewing the published version.
- Showing saved themes by default and moving the selection of new themes into a pop-up window.
- Updated to Drupal 7.3, as well as several Drupal modules
Modules updated include Webform, Media Gallery and all related modules, Flexible Blogs, and Simplified Menu Administration.
- And more!
Check out the additional details on what is new in this release, and for a complete list of recent improvements, please review the June release notes too.